Sunday, March 11, 2012

#128 Enlarging Illustrations on Kindle Fire

     Before I begin today's discussion, I want to offer a somewhat belated welcome to the new reading audiences in my thirty-fourth and thirty-fifth country.

     My stats page indicates that I have had recent activity from both Morocco and Nigeria.  Thank you for being part of our world of readers.

     Perhaps I am the last one to discover how to enlarge illustrations on Amazon's Kindle Fire, but this technique is especially important to me, as I have illustrations for each chapter of my six published books for middle grade readers.

     The Kindle Fire has a touch screen, and the process looks like this:



          Find an illustration in one of my books.


 

          Touch and hold to highlight the illustration and the three-part menu beneath it.





     Touch the word "Zoom" located on the far right.  (The first two words, "Note" and "Highlight", are not needed at this time.)




          There it is--all enlarged for you to enjoy. 
          Now how do we get back to the story?
          Simple!




     Just tap the little x in the circle located in the top right corner of the screen.


     I hope you have found this helpful.  Most people try to spread their thumb and finger over the illustration, but  the Kindle Fire works a bit differently. 

     I think this will enhance your enjoyment of my original illustrations in the Agent C Series; Tiny Others, Pomegranate, and Lucky Alana, as well as Circles in the Wind, Monkey Tales, and Margaret's Christmas Cookies all By Lynda on Amazon.com.

     I am still working on White Rabbit Time (Agent C Series), but can almost promise that it will be listed this coming week.  

     Watch for it, and please keep reading!


  

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you figured that out so readers can enjoy your art up close!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I appreciate your feedback. I keep learning more and more about this little device, and it is more useful all the time.

      Delete

Questions? Comments?

Leave me a message below.